• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deejaitch

Advice please re KEF 104s

7 posts in this topic

Just asking a general question regarding the original 104s - are they any good? SQ? There's a pair local for sale so just throwing it out there for any general info. And, yes I know I should listen to them first before buying :roll:

thanks

They have a nice warm balance to them and are quite punchy.

The 104ab had a more articulate mid and top end.

A good pair would sound as nice as many modern speakers, but they are NOT forward and analytical like some.

I recall them as having prominent but unfocused bass which rather dominated the sound in a room about 18 x12. Guy who had them replaced them with 105's which are of course a different kettle of fish. The 104/2 I have are totally different also - much better all round IMHO. Not sure how much of a market there is for them if you don't like them either.

Prob system and room dependent etc etc. And it's 25 years since I heard them so don't take my views as the last word.

Thanks for the info chaps. Was about to pull the trigger last night when SWMBO uttered those fatal words...."No more speakers until you sell some" :yeah:Feckers only went for £31 !!! :doh:

Thanks for the info chaps. Was about to pull the trigger last night when SWMBO uttered those fatal words...."No more speakers until you sell some" :yeah:Feckers only went for £31 !!! :doh:

Divorce lawyers are a helluva lot more expensive ;)