kazste2

Sonos, any good?

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I am looking at both sonos connect and connect amp, is the amp any good or would it be better if I opted for the connect with another amplifier?

Thnx

Kaz

The Sonos stuff is very flexible especially for multi room as you can play different songs simultaneously on different speakers in different rooms.

Its also easy to upgrade, you can start with a single speaker, add another, then add a wireless bridge or boost and before you know it you have Sonos babies everywhere.

The SQ of the transmission is quite good, the weak link is the Sonos speakers themselves, but the New Play5 is promising, although still not HiFi.

Connect with another Amp is superior to connect alone.

Very user friendly though.

I love the Sonos but maybe not as good as a good streamer. The flexibilty and app are brilliant and it sounds much better through a good dac.

I could quite happily live with the Sonos if on a tight budget.

I got a play 1 for the kitchen and it's surprisingly good. Then my squeezebox died so I got a connect because as people have said the app and interface is superb. I no longer need a server running on my nas, it just works. The connect runs to my nait and rega rs3s and I'm really happy with the sound. I'm sure a sac could take it a notch better but in my world I'm happy as it is.

Many thanks all very helpful (although now even more confused) :(

Kaz