wammer

Just bought another system

7 posts in this topic

There is Baker Audio run by Rob who is also a member on the Wam and other forums. Bought a lovely 405 off him a few years ago.

#I usually just send my kit back to IAG, but one that's missing from your list is

Amplabs though never used them, did think about having an old 303 sorted by them but in the end just sold it on.

Paul

I put a Net Audio dual mono power supply in my (then) 405-2 and it was ok for a bit (say 24 hours) but then blew the fuse, obviously a PSU problem. I contacted Net Audio and faced about a month of denial (the bit that really bothered me about the whole thing) ... try measuring this, that etc... none of these have ever failed. I sent the module back and it had actually, amazingly, failed. The cheeky twat tried to charge me for fixing his defective unit :doh: Cottage industries are brilliant and I support them willingly but you only really find out what they're like when things go wrong.

+1 for 'Amplabs"

I first asked Robert to service a '44, an FM4, and service & modify a 405.2 (all been purchased 2nd hand from different sources) which Quad couldn't accept at the time, as their 'service dept.' was in the process of moving into new premises.

Later he serviced another '44, plus an FM3, and also fully re-built & modified a 303 for me.

Currently I am using the 303 in a system in my 'man cupboard' (small 3rd bedroom in a 'modern' house). At that time he also serviced a Leak 'Stereofetic' tuner for me.

Looking at his current 'website' it would appear that he is now concentrating on Quad equipment, which means that I now have to find somebody to service / rebuild one of a pair of Sugden R21 tuners which I purchased on the 'bay', hoping that I could add one working example to my small collection of FM tuners.

Any suggestions / recommendations in order to achieve this would be greatly appreciated?

Regards

Mike Kelshaw