Inamelotone

Not something you see everyday... but what a price!

8 posts in this topic

Super Wammer

hacked ebay account

EDIT: reported

Their current listings seem in line with items they have sold in the past, so not sure why you thinks it's a hacked account.

Their current listings seem in line with items they have sold in the past, so not sure why you thinks it's a hacked account.

i'd say its just a semi competent scammer (or the real owner has had a brain fart) , if you take control of an account that was predominately selling dog food then putting high end audio on it will ring alarm bells right away, if you take control of an account that has been selling audio gear however :) .......

i'd say its just a semi competent scammer (or the real owner has had a brain fart) , if you take control of an account that was predominately selling dog food then putting high end audio on it will ring alarm bells right away, if you take control of an account that has been selling audio gear however :) .......

Scammers usually pick accounts that have been unused for some time so less chance of detection by the true owner, not true in this case. They also usually do short auctions to get them over and done with and also give contact details offereing a quick bin, not true in this case. They usually don't sell the same type of items nor do they copy the wording style of real owner ie using the reserved (as all his other listings did) so again not true in this case.

Say what you will about ebay if an account is reported as hacked, as it was by Maverick2000 yesterday, then they act and act quickly and the account should be closed by tomorrow evening. I'm betting you're farting at ghosts in the dark and it will still be there. YMMV

Super Wammer

Read the feedback.

I don't think it's hacked at all. Seller has a mix of stuff, but some reasonable audio sales for vintage tubes and components going back more than a year.

My feeling is that it's kosher, but somewhat optimistic, especially as they're not 100% original (look at the underside pics) and are likely to need some work (caps, especially).

That said, find another pair.

Worth the money? Of course not. Purely a collector's piece.

Super Wammer

1. "payment by bank wire only" should always ring alarm bells
  2. looks like pictures off the internet not of the actual goods being sold
  3. very poor English - from someone in the USA ?
  4. random capitals - trait often displayed by someone using an Arabic keyboard

anyway I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, caveat emptor here