AnyaPup

And now for something completely different.

13 posts in this topic

I know this section of the forum is for men with soldering irons, but by way of a change I thought I'd do a blog on a little project I'm on with.

I'm going for a major system revamp and most of my current all Cyrus system is going to be incorporated into my home cinema.

As my current custom made (by my young son) rack is only suited for Cyrus/Bel Canto sized boxes, I'm making a new one while son Ben is home from his travels and can supervise his old dad.

I'm currently planing lumps of oak and gluing and screwing them to make shelves.

First pic coming up is of the top shelf. Solid oak about 2 inches thick with holes ready for leads. My two power amps (when I get them) will sit on top and hopefully heat the room as well as producing beautiful music. This shelf alone is just about liftable.

Top Shelf

<a  href=DIY%201_zpsifukky06.jpg' alt='DIY%201_zp

I'm sure that eight single sockets is over the top but I'm only going to be able to get access now so I may as well over engineer it.

The eagle eyed will spot that my decorating is shite and they'll also spot that the back of the base shelf is MDF and not solid oak. That's because it won't be seen.

Oh, yeah, you may notice the plugs are the sensible way up.

Watching with interest.

For the record, my AV rack has 18 things plugged into the wall, so 8 is in no way over-engineering.

TV, Bluray, AV Amp, Virgin box, Game Console, Turntable, SBT, Dac, H/phone amp, 2 x power amps, main amp, cd transport, active HDMI switch, 2 x electrostatic speakers, Power supply, router switch.....soon mounts up......

I've never sanded or waxed any jigsaw that I have ever done:), each to their own I suppose:)!!

Anyway, looking really good so far. Where in the north east are you?

I've never sanded or waxed any jigsaw that I have ever done:), each to their own I suppose:)!!

Anyway, looking really good so far. Where in the north east are you?

Hi Keith. North West of Hartlepool. Little village called High Hesleden.