harv

Sat 24th October daytime gathering in Purley CR8

21 posts in this topic

I'm going to have to be rubbish and pull out. Sorry Harv, work has got in the way.

No worries Dom, maybe next time...

Anyone else care to join in for next Saturday ?

Looking forward to it. Whats your nearest station by way, I assume Purley but just checking.

A very nice afternoon spent with Harv, Dave and Ian listening to lots of new music some of which may even get bought.

Highlight though of the day was the excellent food cooked by Mrs Harv(sorry I should remember her name). Not one sitting but two!

Thanks again everyone.

A really good time thanks Harv and the fantastic food cooked and served by Mrs. Harv really delicious. Music wise Harv'system was set up for his music (?!!) and it sounded very impressive with the Focal speakers. The star of the after noon was Paul's Shindo Line Stage which lifted the sound to another level especially with other types of music. Really liked some of Ian's music which really sounded great in the system. Big thank's to all.

Thanks for coming chaps, a thoroughly enjoyable session from my perspective with good company, good tunes and lovely food (thanks to Alpa)...

The shindo is a lovely piece of kit thanks for bringing it Paul (and for the biscuits :)), really open, textured and sweet sounding was very nice to listen to, maybe a touch softer then what I'm used to but very lush all the same. Think the best compliment I can pay is that if'd you'd forgotten to take it home I wouldn't have complained (or answered the door/phone ;-))... still think its was incredibly brave of you turn up to mine without any music :whistle:

Even made Dave's music sound nice with all that singing stuff :D, although I think he was bit :shock: later on with some Grace Jones and The Doors from my mini collection of 'proper' music

Its left me with a few cd's to track down from Dave's and Ian's selections which is always a good thing:^