• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
i_should_coco

16A Horn system

796 posts in this topic

Some of you may have noticed in the what's your bits and bobs thread that I have ordered a replica Western Electric 16A horn from the very nice Korean gentleman at http://we16ahorn.blogspot.co.uk/

20130424_153153.jpg

Today I got notifcation that the horn has been fabricated and sent for paint. Here's a couple of pics he sent me:

DSC00054.jpg~original

DSC00053.jpg~original

It should be shipped in a few weeks and it will take over a month to get here as it's coming by sea. In the meantime, I have to figure out how I'm going to get it into my room.

The plan is to use it with either my Lab subs or some corner horns that another wammer is building prototypes of, and my RAAL ribbon tweeters.

Two for stereo?

I admire your courage.

S

That is one hell of a jump of a cliff:shock::)! Would be superb if you realise that actually you can fly:)!

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking IPhone smileys!!!!!! Now corrected.

Silvercore Klaus had a woofer in the wall, using the entire wall as a baffle. The horn can be attached to the wall, but some say it needs to be hung.

Btw, I have never noticed as big a difference on TT and CDP with any speaker as with the WE at Munich and this one. And Klaus was using just a 2.5k Eur TT he himself had made.

Black is good, looks like something out of a Geiger painting. :D

It's shocking how but it actually is, 9ft wide with the arms - that's nearly 3m!