Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockmeister

Stilleto's the best for £900?

19 posts in this topic

If you've seen the threads, you'll know I'm toyingwith home cinema...currently in the planning stage.I like he idea of starting in stereo and building later if I feel the need so.Shall I keep my Castle Howard's?or sell them and but something else... quite tempted by Art stiletto's at that price, but I would want to improve on the Howards, not stand still, so need a cleaner, more open and sweet sound...the Howards tnd toward impressive scale and are slightly bass strong and warmish. What would you get? This is to go on the front of a decent AV amp (Denon 3805?)

rockmeister wrote:

If you've seen the threads, you'll know I'm toyingwith home cinema...currently in the planning stage.I like he idea of starting in stereo and building later if I feel the need so.Shall I keep my Castle Howard's?or sell them and but something else... quite tempted by Art stiletto's at that price, but I would want to improve on the Howards, not stand still, so need a cleaner, more open and sweet sound...the Howards tnd toward impressive scale and are slightly bass strong and warmish. What would you get? This is to go on the front of a decent AV amp (Denon 3805?)

Ithink that just about describes the stilettos to a tee. Very neutral midrange and clean highs.Put them close to a wall though or you may notice a hint of bass-lightness.

Jack Lawson at audio salon has a set of 4 stilettos and a skibo centre, make him an offer. They are exdem I believe, he used to be an ART dealer

Try also some Totem Arros,Totem are superb speakers,fast sounding,clean and out of the box,can be demanding of amps and sources,there more to speakers than just Art.:P

am actually happy with bass lightness, and had no intention of a sub...ak...the buggers in scotland! Anyway I have much listenin to do first, but thanks anyway.

Not bass- lightness as such. Maybe lacking in prescence slightly. Close to wall sighting seems to really make them sing.

Home Cinema

Go for Audio Salons set up. Look like they cost a bomb and sound sublime

I have Art spkrs so I'm biased and in no state to be posting at this time of day.

Cheers

I haven't heard the Stilletos so I don't know how they compare, but I would definately stick my neck out so far as to at least urge you to listen to the Neat Motive 2 (£850)if you get a chance before buying the Stilletos. The opennessand dynamics are a revelation, and might be just what you are looking for.

Kiang wrote:

you were thinking of painting your yams - well theres a thought;)

nooooooooooo :shock: