• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
occasional thinker

Sheffield Saturday October 10th

70 posts in this topic

Many thanks for an excellent day Dave, the food and music at base camp were excellent but it was well worth taking the extra oxygen for the final push to the summit where the music was wonderful.

1966 biology exam dissection of rabbits was last time I was up Sheffield university hill near Daves' 3 floors of hifi rooms.A band of bantering hifi boffins enjoyed his cooking ( carefully avoiding green things - nicely decorative I thought ) Eroica fancied big transmission lines and big Edds' computer but 2 pairs of DIY IPL transmission sat in a wicker of wiring caught her wandering eye. Her tight bottom showed as softer but her carefully extracted delicate dynamic mids and treble were beautifully displayed by the ribbon and by metallised cones - esp on classical tho Dr Feelgood live LP at close by City Hall did rock out. Room acoustic effects can be positive as heard in Mr 'high level hiker' Daves' favourite room -naturally at the top in the peak where sloped roof killed resonances allowing the kit to do its' hear thro' 3 d imaging - suitable for an allday/night listen with that unfatigueing " more please" sound. Terrific day Dave Many thanks and ta too to all buddy "boffins".

Thanks for the day Dave, much kit, much more cake and food, the hostilaty and banter really makes these days stand out, Its a good job the more social wammers tend to be such thin skinned temperamental flowers, otherwise who knows what get said. The upstairs, upstairs speakers had a real stop and listen thing going on, as did the silver driver doo dahas down in the cake off room.

1966 biology exam dissection of rabbits was last time I was up Sheffield university hill near Daves' 3 floors of hifi rooms.A band of bantering hifi boffins enjoyed his cooking ( carefully avoiding green things - nicely decorative I thought ��) Eroica fancied big transmission lines and big Edds' computer but 2 pairs of DIY IPL transmission sat in a wicker of wiring caught her wandering eye. Her tight bottom showed as softer but her carefully extracted delicate dynamic mids and treble were beautifully displayed by the ribbon and by metallised cones - esp on classical tho Dr Feelgood live LP at close by City Hall did rock out. Room acoustic effects can be positive as heard in Mr 'high level hiker' Daves' favourite room -naturally at the top in the peak where sloped roof killed resonances allowing the kit to do its' hear thro' 3 d imaging - suitable for an allday/night listen with that unfatigueing " more please" sound. Terrific day Dave Many thanks and ta too to all buddy "boffins".

Has Dave turned int Chumpy??

Has Dave turned int Chumpy??

It's a split personality thing, Chumpy (normally kept under control) is starting to break though the surface cracks and take hold, fighting to become the dominant personality:nerves:

It's a split personality thing, Chumpy (normally kept under control) is starting to break though the surface cracks and take hold, fighting to become the dominant personality:nerves:

Nah, just your old man being your old man. Trouble is its either the more I talk to him, or the older I get, the more I understand him, and it is fucking broken.

Thanks for coming over guys, for me it was both a very useful and informative day (thanks Edd, Dave and Mick) and a great social time (thanks all). I found out where my IPL S5s are weak, and decided that I prefer the old version of the S3s to the newer one, so that will allow me to tweak a bit and to thin down the speaker collection a bit.

Great atmosphere and banter, thanks to you all for that and the excellent edible contributions.

My evening was interesting afterwards - first time I have been to a Buddhist wedding, and a great celebration of life. Great music from the Well-Dressed Band - even I danced a bit. I can't find a recording of the bride and groom together (they both play folky stuff, Gordon a professional for many years), but here is one of Gordon's solo

- worth a listen.

Today was an attempt to work off the grub, with scrambles up Charnel Clough and Wilderness Gully in the company of Tom Corker (http://www.cicerone.co.uk/product/detail.cfm/book/674/title/scrambles-in-the-dark-peak#.VhrZWLRViko). And yes Rob, I chose the wrong boots (too long and wide as I found when trying a toe jam in the mildly interesting move half way up Wilderness Gully).

Whose Chumpy? I cannt watch soaps on TV so I guess it's on there?

Dave You may be interested to know that I have fotos of Freefallrob The lad aged around 7 --rock climbing on Curbar edge and in Malham -I started him young - 6 in the Quantocks" Darn Sarth" . I did some iced waterfall climbing ( Crowden way) front spike crampons and short axes - easy after Snowdonia in blizzard ( white out on Idwal) bit silly really! Loved it !--- now some would say that's a " madness" !!!

Colin sorry about the " double Dutch" language. Sometimes I'm asked " wot do you mean? " and answer in more " double Dutch". - just to cover up that I don't know ! [ Or its confidential]

these bake offs get to be less about hifi and more about " life" . GoodThing - anyway better than bar banter!

Whose Chumpy?

2 words.

2 reasons to be banned........ :)

2 words.

2 reasons to be banned........ :)

:D

- - - Updated - - -

Whose Chumpy?

Please to hear those tablets are working:^