• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
occasional thinker

Sheffield Saturday October 10th

70 posts in this topic

About time that I hosted a bakeoff, and October is now filling up. Not a mega do like MVJs the previous weekend, but we can have 3 smallish rooms going so people will have to move around a bit (or we could even have genre rooms...:shock:)

Space for 14 fairly comfortably, or more less so.

I have a rather random collection of kit (nothing esoteric, but varied, including some active crossovers and assorted amps and speakers) which can all be used and will set up so that swapping is reasonably easy. If you want to bring anything then feel free, otherwise just bring some favourite tunes and relax.

Aim to start about 12 and go through until evening. Can accommodate a couple of overnighters if anyone is in need.

I'll provide standard fare (baked spuds, meat and veg chillis or similar, and fruit). I'm not a cake baker though. There are decent local restaurants and takeaways if we need them in the evening.

Pop a note below if you'd like to come along, first come first served. I'll PM all with my address and phone number nearer the date.

Edit - So far:

Barrington / Maybeza

Colin / Dudywoxer

Lucasz / Luker

Micky / Mickyricky

Mark / Divedeepdog

Dean / Scidb

Edd / edd9000

Mick / mmichbam

Rob / freefallrob

Des / dipstick

david / navigator

Room for a couple more.

Count me in please

Bake offs coming out of the woodwork at the mo, yes please

Aye, not attended a BO in ages, so wouldn't mind attending and in fact need to pick anyone's brains on using streaming services.... yes, am a recent convert to the joys of Spotify but am simply using the headphone connection on my pc at the mo...

Why does everyone local to me have BO on Saturday... the only day of the week I work in our shop:X.

Would love to come... to any of them... but can't:(

You could pop over after work John - we'll probably be going still be going until 7pm or later, though may have thinned out a bit by then.

I'll be starting to build my brownie points after the previous weekend Dave so

Unlikely I am able too attend sorry.

Good on you for taking the plunge I'll lend you my cattle prod for it couple of

zappings & they tow the line no problem:P.

Thanks Steve, I'll study control methods at your do the weekend before! I'm lucky in that SWBO will be in Bhutan through October.....