BD Audio

Remton Tube Phono Stages inc LCR Model

28 posts in this topic

Home loans welcome on all models.

Some more info on the LCR stage....

LCR phono stage built on the Inductive RIAA deemphasis Network, LCR filters using custom made coils from Sowter, SCR and Icel capacitors, and NOS high precision, non-magnetic and non-inductive resistors.

Other resistor Vishay and Akane ohm.

Tubes is a JJ E88CC and JJ ECC81.

Before assembling all components have been handpicked on the parameters.

Remton LCR MK2 with Sowter 1:10 / 1:20 MC step-up transformer.

given it's a 600ohm LCR network, do you know how the tubes are coupled to it (and impedance matched)?

Hi Gordan, I spoke with Alexander at Remton about your query. Tubes and LCR network matched at impedance 1300 Ohm. (not as classic 600 Ohm)second stage coupled via capacitor.

Thanks,

Jack

No problem, any more queries please just ask.

Pleased to announce a new review of the LCR.

Check it out here. http://www.the-ear.net/review-hardware/remton-lcr-mk2-phono-stage

Taken from Rene Van E's review....

'The Remton lets the music flow into the room in such a natural way, it has an ease that is seldom disrupted, no matter what you throw at it. Classical, jazz, pop, male or female singers make no difference to the way you experience the rich and dynamic sound of the LCR Mk2. In my opinion LCR circuits are far superior to CR networks for RIAA EQ, but that’s not the only part of the Remton that counts, the tubes, resistors, capacitors and power supply play an important part too. Actually the complete package reveals a deep knowledge of electronics and love for music reproduction. What makes this phono stage the one to put high on your shopping list? It will bring you closer to the music source than most, it’s a true high end product that deserves high praise.'

Remtons web page for reviews is starting to fill up fast for all models, follow the link to read them.

http://www.remton.eu/reviews.html

Perhaps at some point Guy. I'd quite like a review of the 383 Mk2 next though. I believe the LCR is being tested stateside at the moment plus another being arranged in Germany so it should be fairly well covered to be honest.

I just received back the Modwright Phono Stage from Plus yesterday, review should be out in September hopefully.

Remton phono stages start at only £450, contact me for a home loan.